Thursday, April 3, 2014

DIY Lego Canvases

So the weather is so fantastic (insert sarcasm .. it's actually either dark from coldest snowiest winter ever or now morphing into darkest rainiest spring ever) where we live now… I have definitely been working on a lot of projects.  This lego canvas project was inspired by lego pictures in a playroom posted by I Am Momma-Hear Me Roar . We decided to get out Honey-Dew's favorite legos and take some pictures… this was all my little man... he picked their poses and I think they ended up super cute!

We used a random poster board laying on the table as the backdrop… I'm lazy obviously… I like to use whatever is in my direct line of sight :)  However you could use a white sheet or white t-shirt or white underwear… if that's what happens to be laying on your table ;) 


We definitely messed around with a couple different groupings of legos and different poses… but these seemed to be his fav!


While we were making these Lou thought it would be cute to add cartoon bubble captions… so I used www.picmonkey.com to edit the pictures and add in the bubbles.  Honey Dew picked most of the captions and definitely thought he was hilarious! :)  Below is the picture after it was edited in picmonkey…. I saved it to my computer and uploaded it to snapfish… where I ordered an 8x10 of all three pictures and they were ready for pickup an hour later :)


For the next step you need 3 8x10 canvases.  I used black paint I had on hand to paint all of the edges.



After the paint dried… or semi-dried because I'm impatient and couldn't wait to see the final project…. I glued the pictures onto the canvas and ta-dah … super fast, easy and cheap art project to do with your fav little man :).  


Thanks for stopping by my blog!  Have an awesome day!!




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment