Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Dip Dyed Pillowcase Dress

So everyone remembers Easter... the one that took place an entire month ago... oh where does the time go?  Well anyways I've been wanting to try my hand at dip dyeing and felt inspired to create a little less traditional Easter dress for my 7 year old this year.  My little peanut she thinks she's a 20 year old in a 7 year old's body.  I'm sure you can imagine that her idea of an everyday outfit and mine do not usually match up.  I'm all for self expression... after all I'm a free spirit and I understand dancing to the beat of a different drum ( yah I know it's supposed to be marching ... but come on that's way too boring).  However I want to promote age appropriate free spiritedness. :)  All of that to say I was trying to come up with something a little funky that Peanut would be loving also.  And wa-lah... this is what I came up with...



 Dip dyeing was so much easier than I thought it would be!  Once I had the dress constructed, I used two different shades of yellow to dye the bottom of the dress.  I did it in my sink which seemed the easiest and least messy way for a small project like this.

On another note I made this tulle and lace dress as well.  Oh my goodness I think she's so adorable in this dress ... I just want to squeeze my little peanut! :)  If you've never heard of Violette Field Threads, I'm about to introduce you to your new favorite pattern designer.  They have adorable and creative patterns that are super easy to use.  Many of my favorite dresses for my girls begin with one of their patterns.   This tulle and lace dress used one of their patterns for the basic shape of the dress and then I tweaked it quite a bit.







 So those are a few of my latest projects... check back soon for more!



Photobucket

Sumo's Sweet Stuff


No comments:

Post a Comment